Great Blue Heron Casino (“GBHC”) strives to deliver thrilling and exciting slot and table games to our patrons in a socially responsible manner. We understand that most patrons can gamble free of problems, however, gambling can be a problem for some people.
The overall goals for the GBHC RG program are to reduce incidence of problem gambling through strong corporate policies, employee training efforts, prevention efforts and to curb harm for those who may have developed or who simply show tendencies of a gambling problem by providing information and education concerning the resources available to them. We therefore accept and are committed to the regulatory and social mandate and strive to promote, encourage and offer an optimal level of responsible gambling to our guests in the following manner:
- We have committed to educating our employees and we encourage our patrons to gamble responsibly. As part of this initiative we actively provide support to those who seek assistance by referring them to available resources.
- We want to enable current and future patrons to make informed decisions about gambling by developing responsible and healthy play habits.
- We promote the “PLAYSMART. Knowledge you can bet on.” program on our gaming table layouts, slot machines and on all promotions and advertisement material.
- We do not offer credit, cash advances or cheque cashing services to our guests.
- GBHC advertising and promotional material does not target or encourage underage or self-excluded individuals, does not promote irresponsible play and are not false, misleading or deceptive.
- We work collaboratively with OLG and other Ontario Casinos to minimize the risk of a self-excluded patron gaining entry and/or gaming at our casino.
If you have difficulty gambling in a responsible manner, all casinos in Ontario offer a self-exclusion program, in which individuals will be placed on a self-exclusion list and must refrain from visiting any casino in Ontario. This information is shared with all gaming premises in Ontario in order to enforce the voluntary self-exclusion program. Please review the OLG Policy on Responsible Gaming and Self-Exclusion Program for more information.
Helpful Links and Contacts
For more detailed information regarding problem gambling, prevention and treatment services, please contact:
Responsible Gambling: Myths and facts, game odds, and helpful tips to keep gambling fun